WebSphere Commerce Version 7.0 is the new and current release of the
ecommerce software platform offering of IBM Corporation. This is a
major new version that was introduced on October 30, 2009. It
includes a wealth of new and enhanced capabilities. The scope and
scale of improvements is so broad and so deep that we’ve focused
this report on what’s new and improved in the offering. The best new
• WebSphere Commerce Version 7.0 has an implementation of the B2C starter store for mobile devices. It offers a completely reusable appropriate subset of the capabilities of the Web starter store.
• Dialog activities is an event-driven marketing and merchandising facility that supports the delivery of SMS and email messages in response to customer activities.
• Social commerce facilities support social media, social profiles, ratings and reviews, and photo galleries via widget-based access to social service providers. They support marketing, merchandising, and community building.
• Integration, a key strength in previous versions, is even better in Version 7.0. Improvements include additional Web Services (exposing all WebSphere Commerce functionality), continuing SOA transformation, improved integration with WebSphere MQ and WebSphere portal, and improved facilities for integration with distributed order management systems.
• Analytic functionality is provided by Coremetrics. Instrumentation is automatic and comprehensive. Many predefined reports are packaged.