Last week, Patty Seybold published, “Four Reasons Why Customers Prefer Twitter for Customer Service,” a report about how businesses and their customers use Twitter as a key channel for customer service. Patty proposes seven best practices for Twitter-based customer service. Oracle Service Cloud Social Experience can help implement four of the seven:
- Treat Twitter as an Integrated Customer Service Channel
- If You Have Lots of Customers, Establish Customer Service Twitter Accounts
- Defuse Anger Publicly; Take the Issue Private
- Gather Customers’ Ideas for Next-Gen Products.
You’ll implement the other three with customer service policies, standards, and procedures:
- Set Customers’ Expectations Re: Times of Day You’ll Respond to Tweets in Real Time
- Respond within Minutes
- Don’t Use Automated Responses!
Here are brief descriptions of how Oracle Service Cloud Social Experience helps implement the first four practices: